GBS is excited to offer you an additional resource to help support you in achieving the most effective HVAC solutions. Read on for the following stories:
- GBS adds four manufacturers to our product line!
- Plus, we are excited to present our first Project Spotlight feature article – Adapt & Overcome – learn how a complicated middle school rooftop replacement challenge was solved.
Announcing: GBS Now Offers Critical Room Control – CRC, Heat Pipe Technology, Semco, and TMI!
We’re excited to announce the addition of four manufacturers to our line. These additions are the result of our continuous efforts to stay current on HVAC technologies and align our product offerings to meet the needs our customers, now and in the future:
Critical Room Control delivers systems that provide best in class controls coupled with interface devices that improve space management and access to critical user information. The contemporary critical environment found in hospitals, laboratories, vivariums and biological containment facilities require accurate efficient and verifiable monitoring and control.
- Air Valves-Exhaust, Supply, Supply/Reheat & Fume Hood
- Room Pressure Monitor/Controller-Bacnet MSTP Communication
- Fume Hood Monitor/Controller- Bacnet MSTP Communication
HPT was founded in 1983 with a grant from the Department of Energy for a project to begin research on new uses for heat pipe technology. In November of 2009, HPT was acquired by MiTek®, a Berkshire Hathaway Company. Today, HPT is the innovation leader in energy recovery and dehumidification systems for commercial applications around the globe.
- Energy Recovery Heat pipes
- Dehumidifier Heat Pipe
- Split Passive Energy Recovery Heat Pipe
- AHRI Certified
Since 1963, SEMCO has pioneered products and services that improve indoor environments. Today, Semco is a worldwide innovator of desiccant-based products and systems able to recover energy, increase ventilation, and control humidity. They are also among the world’s largest fabricators of energy-efficient spiral pipe and fittings, acoustical enclosures, and sound attenuators, all manufactured in America.
- Energy Recovery Units with Active Desiccant Wheels
- Energy Recovery Ventilators
- True 3 Angstrom Wheel
- Active Chilled Beams
- Chilled Beam Pump Module Package
TMI was founded in 1982 with a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Today, TMI provides solutions throu gh innovative design and custom manufacturing, while delivering the highest value in air handling and hydronic products. All divisions of TMI Climate Solutions provide a higher level of comfort backed by the Berkshire-Hathaway name.
- Custom Air Handling Units Available with Fan Array Technology
- Knocked Down & Modular Construction Options
- Custom Rooftop & Penthouse Units. Available in Air Cooled and Air cooled with Adiabatic Assist (pre-cooling)
- Pre-fabricated Mechanical Room
- Custom Air Cooled Chillers
A “normal” project for GBS is typically riddled a myriad of requirements – from specific building or space restraints to unique safety requirements and cost saving opportunities – not to mention the integrity of the final HVAC system. While most of our projects are anything but normal, it is standard protocol for GBS to partner with our customers to clearly understand their goals and work tirelessly to fulfill those goals. This example began in 2013 when GBS was approached with a unique challenge from West Windsor-Plainsboro Community Middle School in Plainsboro, NJ. GBS accepted this challenge, providing end-to-end solutions that not only met the requirements, but exceeded them.
Adapt & Overcome: Middle School Rooftop Replacements
Date Completed: 2013-2015
- Whitman (phases 1 and 2)
- Kelter & Gilligo (phase 3)
- Gabe Sganga Inc. (phases 1 and 3)
- Bill Leary AC (phase 2)
- (7) AAON Packaged Rooftop Units – 253 tons AC total
- (5) Curbs Plus Adapter Curbs with integral service platforms and handrails
- (2) Curbs Plus Adapter Curbs
- Replace existing rooftops (of unknown origin) while matching existing duct connections through side wall of building with extremely limited transition space
- Meet requirement for safe service access
- Avoid roofing work and re-certification of roof
- Provided a one-piece adapter curb with insulated air plenums and integral service platforms that are self-supporting (no roof penetration)
- Designed air plenums and duct connections that minimize field ductwork and ease the severe transition to the existing wall penetrations
- Furnished AAON RTUs, whose higher tonnage units feature a unique top condenser — this reduces the length of the unit significantly – the project realized considerable savings by minimizing the length of the service platforms
Going Above and Beyond: As with every project, GBS engaged their engineering expertise and product knowledge to the fullest extent to offer these additional benefits:
- 40% Savings in service platform and handrail costs vs. using an end condenser unit
- Assistance with all aspects of field measuring
- Coordination with the contractor, piping, and sheet metal installers to assure field installation went quickly and smoothly
- Time efficiency: each phase only required 1 day of crane time for removal of existing units and rigging of adapters and RTUs
- Smart design elements including capping areas of the existing curb to allow foot traffic, structurally and providing insulated access door and pipe chase in adapter curb that aligned with the chase in the AAON RTU, allowing plenty of space for the piping contractor to install components and insulate
GBS is Committed to Our Customers
When you choose GBS you are backed the GBS line that represents industry leaders you can trust. With over 400 products at our disposal, we are well equipped to design highly effective systems that accommodate today’s demanding HVAC requirements. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 732-981-9400 or your GBS Sales representative. Access the GBS Directory