In This Edition…
GBS proudly reps this extensive line of pumps, tanks, heat exchangers, and accessories to accommodate the water side of projects. Now we’re happy to introduce their newest generation of a universal single-stage single-suction pump – the Series XRI Universal, with latest technology and a focus on energy efficiency.
Continue reading to get the full details about this innovation, access valuable spec sheets, learn about accompanying pumping skids, plus see how this product was put to use in a Bergen County School.
Plus — GBS has expanded our product line to provide top notch air mixing systems and exhaust equipment!
GBS — Your Source for the Flo Fab Series XRI Pump and Pumping Skids
With an emphasis on customer needs, Flo Fab has ensured seamless project management for all their product offering and high cost saving potential through several company and product acquisitions over the years. For nearly 40 years Flo Fab has made it a priority to invest in innovative equipment and improve upon existing products.
The Series XRI Universal is Flo Fab’s newest innovation, offering a universal single-stage single-suction pump equipped with advanced technologies that translate to valuable time- and money-saving features including:
- Ability to service the pump parts without removing the pump casing and electric motor from the system
- 2-4% Higher efficiency than other centrifugal pumps
- Multiple configurations are available by rotating the suction casing
- Approved by the National Pump Product Inspection Center
Flo Fab pumping skid advantages include:
Providing effective HVAC solutions that meet all of the customer’s needs is a top priority for GBS. That’s why we have been entrusted time and time again with some of Northern and Central New Jersey’s most challenging projects – from pharmaceutical companies to hospitals, schools and even federal facilities such as this customer. Each customer has different requirements and goals. Understanding all of the available options coupled with having access to current technologies are necessities for solving today’s varying HVAC challenges.
In this example a brand new 350,000 square foot school required complex hydronic systems. The GBS team collaborated closely with the Flo Fab team to ensure a timely and effective solution.
Flo Fab Pump Skids Provide Fast, Effective, and Safe Solution
New Hudson County High Tech High School in Bergen Country
This project for a new 350,000 SF facility required dual redundant pumps and plate/frame heat exchangers for 7 hydronic systems consisting of 18 pumps ranging from 1 to 50 hp, 2 HXs, and all required piping accessories for single point piping connections.
Based on the detailed, dimensioned shop drawings provided by Flo Fab, the contractor was able to install the site piping concurrently with the fabrication of the skids. Upon delivery, the skids were able to be rigged, connected and in service within days.
To address a compressed construction time frame and minimize the cost and risk associated with field labor, the contractor utilized 10 prefabricated pump skids from Flo Fab.
General Features and Project Notes:
- Utilized all vertical in-line pumps, negating the need to grout bases and align shafts
- Flo Fab’s in-line pumps met the efficiency and performance requirements of the project
- All skids are factory testing
- All header piping joints are welded, components are flanged and bolted
- S. braided flex connectors provided for site piping connections
- Structural steel base, welded, with lifting lugs
- All motors were premium efficiency, for site wiring of VFDs, as job required (integral VFDs are available with Flo Fab pumps)
- Chilled Water System:
- Dual Pump Skid — 50 hp pumps, 1000 gpm @ 130’ head
- Condenser Water System:
- Dual Pump Skid — 30 hp pumps, 1550 gpm @ 55’ head
- Boiler Heating Water System:
- Dual Pump Skid — 30 hp pumps, 400 gpm @ 160’ head
- Cogeneration Heating Water System
- Skid 1 – Dual Pump skid for heating water distribuition
- Skid 2 – Plate HX for separation of glycol primary and water secondary, with bypass
- Snow Melt System
- Skid 1 – Dual Pump skid for hot water snow melt loop distribution
- Skid 2 – Plate HX for separation of glycol secondary and water primary, with bypass
- Geothermal Heat Pump System:
- Dual Pump skid for heat pump loop glycol distribution — 30 hp, 550 gpm @ 160’ head
- Absorption Chiller System
- Skid 1 — Dual Pump skid for primary side of chiller
- Skid 2 — Dual Pump skid for secondary side of chiller
Introducing Blender Products, Inc. & Plasticair-Skyplume Technologies Division
GBS is happy to offer this unique line of patented air and gas mixing products. Blender Products, Inc. is a Denver-based, privately-owned business established in 1962. With 100% of manufacturing in the U.S.A., they offer:
- Static mixer with lower pressure drop & less required distance
- Dynamic mixing device incorporating Outside & Return air dampers
- Static mixer for pollution control equipment
- Spark mitigation for metal fabrication & other low load processing application
GBS is Committed to Our Customers
When you choose GBS you are backed the GBS line that represents industry leaders you can trust. With over 400 products at our disposal, we are well equipped to design highly effective systems that accommodate today’s demanding HVAC requirements.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 732-981-9400 or your GBS Sales representative. Access the GBS Directory